Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jesus, the Bachelor, and Cliff Lee

Am I really writing this? Oh, I am.

I've been waiting on this job- this perfect-in-almost-every-way job, but it's in Silverdale. This small geographic discrepancy in where I am currently shouldn't seem like a big deal; however, I LOVE Seattle and really want to live close enough to it that I don't have to take a ferry. I mean come on, the Mariners just got a new pitcher (Lee) who is very cute and only 31 and how am I supposed to be at the games if it takes me an hour and a half to get there?! Am I a sports fan? No. (Well, in Washington I am.) But the point is that I love the city and all the Seattle-ness of it. Silverdale has the navy and retirees. I want city life, big city life. So I'm wrestling with this desire to be where I will be happy and the desire to be where I'm "supposed" to be. It's in God's hands.

I've been looking for a car. A cheap car. A good car. A pretty car. And I can't be pleased because I'm picky and without much funding. Ugh. I can hear my parents' voices in the background...

I've also been watching The Bachelor, thinking about love, and contemplating Jesus. Yes, I've been thinking about how the Bachelor, Jake or whoever he's been in the past, is or is not like Jesus. I don't know that I want to go into all of it here, but this is my line of thinking...

Personal, simultaneous relationships with multiple women. Savior, redeemer, friend, lover. The One. Will you accept this rose? Making the cut. He likes the blondes. He can fly (Jake is a pilot). Again, personal, simultaneous relationships with multiple people... I know this is weird. Am I drawn to the Bachelor because I see Jesus in this, albeit a pretty twisted and skewed version? Maybe it's just the idea of redeeming love that is resonating with me. I don't know where this is going, but maybe someone will read this and say "Wow, my thoughts don't make any sense either sometimes. I'm glad there is someone just as quirky out there blogging."

And props to my dear friend Jessica who is blogging about her Southeast Asian adventure: This Trail Needs No Blazing. It's much more interesting than this.

2 comments:

  1. I love this entry. and you.

    Lover! Sign up for bloglovin so it will alert me every time you update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wow, my thoughts don't make any sense either sometimes. I'm glad there is someone just as quirky out there blogging."
    hah. by the way, i'm usually available to skype at 10 am my time so that would be 7 pm your time.

    ReplyDelete