Sunday, June 14, 2009

So little time!

I flew to Washington. And I fell in like/close to love with the city and the people I met there. Bellingham is absolutely beautiful, and I wished that my dear friends could have been with me to see the Bay at sunset or to sit with me at Avellino in the afternoons. That place is the Stone Cup of Bellingham in atmosphere, but bettter I think.

I also found my Greyfriars, which of course made me feel at home, but not at home all the same. The guy who took my order had a lip ring... Of course I love it there.


And there was Rudy's Pizza, which was virtually Lupi's. Awesome.







The Bay was by far the best part of Bellingham. Well, that and Fairhaven, which I want to marry.



(I didn't take these pictures, obviously, because here Fairhaven is in the snow.)





Besides the city, the INN was a LOT to take in! The people are really great, and the students were super nice. All the interns are great, and I'm sure I'll blog about them all at some point and make some predictions for next year. The ministry is a lot more structured than what I'm used to, but I think it will be really good for me. I probably need to be more comfortable with structure...

I actually liked Bellingham enough that I'm trying to move there early. I was going to go at the end of August, but now it's looking more like July. I haven't bought a plane ticket yet because I haven't gotten my car sold, but as soon as that transaction takes place, I'm on my way! I'm ready to be there and start this new chapter. I'm sure I will become more and more of an emotional wreck as I start to say my slow goodbyes and it sinks in that I'm actually getting on a plane with a one way ticket. But it's good. It's good to be going and changing and growing and risking and setting out west.

What a season this has been. I feel that it's coming to a close and a new season is beginning soon. I'll write a wrap up maybe of the past few months and hopefully have some closure and some insight into what God has been doing in my life, even if I haven't admitted to Him, myself, or anyone else that it IS a God thing.

So little time Chattanooga, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment