Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Rainy Season

In three days I'll be in Bellingham, Washington! I remember looking at pictures before I interviewed there one afternoon and almost coming to tears thinking about how good God is and must be. The past few weeks have been a series of ups and downs, tears and laughter, a lot of questions and not so many answers.

This is the one response that has calmed my heart though: God is still in control. He is too wonderful for me to understand, but I think he delights in my search for Him. He has said, "Be still, and know that I am God." It's hard to be still, and even harder to trust faithfully when I'm moving about so much mentally. So yes, I still question. I still wonder, and I still doubt. BUT, He holds me in his hands. I am safe with Him. I'm safe from my doubts, from my weakness, and ultimately from who I was. Praise God!


This season in my life was unexpected, but this season is for growth and renewal. Even when I don't feel like worshiping, when I don't feel like He's near... I do trust in Him. If I can't love the way I want to or be "in the moment" with Him, I still lift my eyes to Heaven and lift my heart to Him.

Obedience in the storm. Hope for a brighter tomorrow. Peace in his Love.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment